Coconut oil has become more and more popular in recent years. It’s a versatile and healthy fat! It boosts immunity, improves memory, prevents heart disease, and more. Here are some more ways to use coconut oil that you may not have thought of or tried before.
We love coconut oil!
- Natural make-up remover: Just a small dab of coconut oil will quickly liquefy eye makeup, making it easy to wipe off. Rub coconut oil gently onto the upper lids and lower lids in a circular motion. Wipe off with a warm cloth or Kleenex. The benefit over commercial eye makeup removers is that coconut oil will not sting or irritate eyes and, as a bonus, will help to hydrate around the eyes. Also, many commercial makeup removers are full of toxins!
- Shaving cream: Use coconut oil as your shaving cream while shaving. It will leave your skin soft, hydrated, and smooth. As a bonus, coconut oil has a natural SPF and is great for protecting your skin from sun damage.
- Cooking at high heat: It is great for frying and sauteing things up. Unlike many other oils, coconut oil can tolerate the high heat without becoming rancid like other oils, such as olive oil. Coconut oil is made up of healthy saturated fats and can remain stable under high temperatures.
- Diaper rash/Cradle cap: Great to use on baby’s skin as it’s safe and clean. When your baby experiences painful diaper rash, rub some coconut oil around the affected area to sooth swelling, redness, itch, and burn. Cradle cap can be hard to remove from the scalp and messy. Place some coconut oil on baby’s head and massage it into the scalp. Let it soak in for about 15 minutes and then take a comb and brush/stimulate the scalp. The cradle cap with loosen, making it much easier and quicker to come off.
- Creamer: Great to add into your coffee, tea and/or broth for added flavor and an extra boost of energy. Adding coconut oil to your coffee can be a great replacement for your dairy creamer and give you the rich, creamy flavor you desire.