As school starts back up again, our dinnertime can be shortened, leaving less time to make dinner. This recipe is a fan favorite. You can make it ahead of time and have leftovers as well. I love these because they are easy, delicious, and require few ingredients. These are also gluten free, dairy free and paleo. Here is a great source of protein and fat in one dish! Add it to a side of steamed veggies and you covered all your bases, carbs, fat and protein…a meal well done!
Mini Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/2 onion – finely diced
- 1 cup mushrooms – finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano – finely diced
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb spicy Italian sausage
- 1 tsp pepper
- 8-10 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If you want to save yourself some clean up, line the bottom of the oven with a sheet of aluminum foil. The bacon and meatloaf tends to bubble and drip when cooking.
- Next, cut up garlic, onion, mushrooms, and oregano. Place in a large mixing bowl and add in beef, sausage, and pepper.
- Use hands to mix ingredients together well. Divide into 8-10 equal sized portions and shape into small round balls slightly smaller than the size of your muffin tin.
- Wrap bacon slices around the edge of each meatloaf ball and place in the muffin tin. The bacon ends should just meet or slightly overlap, so cut bacon pieces as necessary to fit.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy! Recipe obtained from www.realsimplegood.com