What if I told you that your body is innately intelligent?
That it knows exactly how to heal on its own, naturally?
While society pushes the story that we need a synthetic medication for every rash, cough & pain, the truth is that people have been healing themselves using natural solutions for centuries – long before drugs were made in a lab.
And if I’ve learned anything throughout my own health journey, and through years of helping others heal, it’s that healing starts at home.
In this article, you’ll learn how to support the body’s innate healing capacity with some essential supplements, herbs & tools I recommend always having on hand, so you’re prepared to treat common ailments as soon as they show up.
Heal Naturally with Herbs, Homeopathy, & Supplements
Honestly, I could write an entire book on natural remedies.
Seriously, there are THAT many!
But today we’re going over the *essentials* that I recommend keeping in your home apothecary kit (at all times).
Let’s take a look at a few of them and why they’re important to have on hand.
- Congaplex: This whole food supplement supports healthy immune system function. I recommend taking this at the first sign of any kind of illness, whether you have a cold, flu, or just feel run down. It’s loaded with specific food-based nutrients designed to get your immune system into a quick defense mode and working hard to fight off the bad guys.
- Cataplex C and Zinc Chelate: Cataplex C, a food-based vitamin C supplement, helps the body fight off infection and arms the immune system to do its job more efficiently. Unlike ascorbic acid which is just a chemical, real vitamin C supports a large number of cellular functions, like the absorption of nutrients in your food. Additionally, zinc helps support immune function by helping the cells resist invasive bacteria and viruses. In one study, it was found that taking these two essential nutrients together eliminated cold symptoms more quickly than when taken apart.
- Cataplex D: It’s no secret that vitamin D helps your immune system to function properly, responding to invaders and fighting off infection. Since most people don’t get enough vitamin D (due to many reasons you can read about here), I recommend taking a small amount of a food-based vitamin D every day if your blood test indicates your levels are deficient.
Cold & Flu Symptoms
- Andrographis: This plant is native to South Asian countries and used traditionally in Ayurvedic medicine. Its antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties make it a workhorse when dealing with cold and flu symptoms (especially respiratory issues), as well as a myriad of other conditions.
- Herbal Throat Spray Phytosynergist: This special combination is made up of soothing herbs – echinacea root, clove, and more – which work to soothe your throat and calm mucus production. Unlike many over-the-counter medications, this natural remedy comes with zero harmful side effects.
- Raw, local honey: Raw honey’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make it a perfect natural solution for calming a sore, inflamed throat. Not to mention, it’s an antioxidant powerhouse. I recommend choosing raw and local over any other honey because it’s the least processed, contains the most nutrients, and can help protect you from falling victim to seasonal allergies!
- USF Ointment: This is a 100% natural ointment that contains powerful fatty acids, like flaxseed oil and beeswax. Your skin will drink this stuff right up. It works as an amazing treatment for scrapes and rashes, and it may even be helpful in calming an eczema flare due to its anti-inflammatory ingredients. You might love it so much that you choose to use it every day to keep your skin hydrated!
- Arnica: The history of Arnica (Arnica Montana) goes back as early as the 16th century. This homeopathic herb has been used to effectively speed up the recovery of bruises, swelling, and other skin injuries. Arnica can be used topically on the skin in the form of a gel, or you can take small pellets orally. When massaged onto sore joints, the relief can be felt fairly quickly. This amazing homeopathic supplement is a must-have in your at-home medicine kit!
- Allerplex: The problem with seasonal allergy medication (steroids & antihistamines) is that they actually suppress your immune system, which is the root cause of allergies to begin with. This food-based combination helps address the underlying cause and works with the body to reverse the symptoms and get you feeling better fast.
- Sinus Forte: This natural medicine is made up of different herbs that support a healthy upper respiratory system which includes the throat and sinus passages. Its ingredients like Cayenne and Echinacea help improve blood flow, reduce inflammation, and tame mucus production, all of which are needed for healthy sinuses. Definitely a good one to keep on hand during allergy season!
Stress & Anxiety
- Ashwagandha Complex: This herbal combination is a home-run for the “wired and tired” types. Used traditionally as a general body tonic and to strengthen the nerves, ashwagandha has a number of other benefits. When combined with skullcap, Korean ginseng, and a small amount of licorice, this herbal supplement can bring relief for anxiety within a few short minutes. This supplement is one of our favorites!
- Nevaton Forte: Similar to Ashwagandha Complex, this herbal powerhouse contains four key herbs designed to improve mood, decrease stress and reduce anxiety. Skullcap, St. John’s Wort, schisandra, and saffron (known as the ‘sunshine spice’) come together to relieve emotional stress, improve mood and soften the irritability that often comes along with it. Studies consistently show skullcap helps with insomnia, low mood, anxiety, and high stress so call us today and we’ll get you taken care of!
Does it Matter Where I Get My Home Apothecary Supplies?
Now that I’ve given you a powerhouse list of essentials, you’re probably wondering where you’re going to buy it all!
Does brand really matter?
Not all vitamins, teas & supplements are created equally.
Pay special attention to supplements.
Unfortunately, many big brands are selling supplements without much integrity at all. The ingredients are not well-sourced, and you run the risk of paying for a product and receiving very little nutritional benefit, if at all.
To avoid this, do your research and consult with a trusted healthcare provider to find out what brands they trust. Standard Process is my go-to supplement brand. They’re a family-owned company that sells high-quality food-based and herbal products that cannot be sourced anywhere else.
You can find many of the natural medicines listed in this article on their website, or send me an email and I'll help you out!
Home Supplies to Help You Heal Naturally
Now let’s take a look at a few basic tools I recommend keeping on hand to help you heal naturally.
Neti-pot: If you’ve never used a neti-pot, I highly recommend you try one next time your sinuses are feeling clogged. This Aryuvedic staple dates back hundreds of years. It works like a charm to flush out your sinuses by pushing salt water through your nasal passages.
Cheesecloth: I recommend keeping a cheesecloth around to make herbal infusions like teas or oils. If you’ve never tried it before, just do a quick search on Google and you’ll find plenty of helpful articles that walk you through how to infuse your own herbs with oil using a cheesecloth. Making lavender oil is a great way to get started!
Your Body Was Designed to Heal Naturally & Thrive
There you have it!
Everything you need to heal with nature, conveniently stashed away at home. My hope is that using these simple remedies will transform the way you think about how healing can happen in your body.
Knowing how to care for yourself & your family at home is a truly empowering way to live!
If you’ve tried natural remedies without the success you were after, I encourage you to book a consultation with me. Sometimes there is something more going on that needs addressing, and together we can make a plan!